Richard Scott, Employee Forum Chairman of Volkswagen Financial Services and Chair of Smartgo Milton Keynes Steering Group outlines his 'Top Tips' for encouraging staff to join Smartgo. We've selected some of the key points below:
Know your audience and target accordingly:
- Some easy pickings e.g. with existing cyclists / bus users.
Use different methods of promotion:
- Word of mouth, flyers, posters and email.
Maintain energy into promotion to have a sustained long term impact:
- Some colleagues required many reminders over several months before taking the plunge.
Get in early:
- Let new recruits know of Smartgo as soon as they start or even before they start employment – this may positively impact their commuting decisions.
Encourage happy Smartgo members to become Smartgo Ambassadors:
- Spread the word!
Easy access for signing up e.g. market stall:
- The easier it is to sign up the more colleagues will sign up.