SATURN project hits the road!
The Leicester and Leicestershire Freight Quality Partnership, jointly with the SATURN project, would like to invite you to the Roadshow being held on 16th September 2015 from 10:30 to 16:00h (BST). The Roadshow will take place in the David Wilson Library Seminar Room, the University of Leicester.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The aims of the Roadshow are to:
> Increase awareness of technologies that are being developed and demonstrated in the city of Bordeaux that could be adapted to other cities:
- Implementing a regionalised GEO-information platform able to provide comprehensive information set on the global land-cover over the regional territory
- Using Urban Atlas for the evaluation of urban density and for better transport policy decisions
- Improving road infrastructure safety and maintenance
- Improving efficiency of HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicles) movement in urban environments
- Using UAVs for the inspection and monitoring of road lanes and infrastructures
> Learn from key Leicester City Council strategic plans and programmes related to air quality and urban transport
> Identify opportunities for the development of new systems to enable better movement using Satellite enabling technologies
> Build new partnerships between different European academic and professional services groups
This is a free event and remote access will be available through Webinar. To register, please go to www.saturn.eventbrite.co.uk